First of all, the word "Blog" itself is just awful. I understand the etymology, but it's such an ugly word. Oh, and as a verb it's even worse: "Blogging"? It sounds like a term you would use to describe how Mark Mangino runs. (That's right, I used a sports reference, suck it.) Whenever someone says "Blog" to me I think they've thrown up in their mouth and are just trying to cover it up by continuing to talk. That is how awful it sounds to me.
Second of all, is this not the biggest testament to how ego-centric our culture has become? You really think people want to read about your cat or what you ate today? I tried hitting "next blog" on the toolbar at the top of my page, hoping to find some emo kid who'd just finished an entry about what kind of sandwich he ate that day, to show you what I mean. Unfortunately, most of the blogs I've found have been in Spanish. But I'm pretty sure if I took the time to translate them, they would be about somebody's lunch and their cat. Just trust me.
Thirdly, I finally found another blog in English and it's this one.
Case closed.
Excuse me, I have to go make dinner and feed my cats now (it's a pasta dinner and there are multiple cats, that makes it cooler).
Wednesday, November 28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment